Hottest ticket in town! Sure enough, Angels Over Sandpoint's annual charitable fundraiser The Follies is sold out -- so if you're lucky enough to have a ticket in hand, expect an evening of great local entertainment that is riotous fun, but definitely not for the easily offended (must be 21 to attend). Doors open at 7 p.m., and the shows start at 8 p.m. both Friday, March 7 and Saturday, March 8 in the Panida Theater. And if you're not in possession of a ticket, Sandpoint Online has two tickets to give away for the Saturday show. The show is racy, risque ... and a terrific fundraiser for the Angels Over Sandpoint. We'll draw a winner this Thursday morning; go, put your name in the hat on the Sandpoint Online Facebook page». And now, on to the news!
• Relay for Life Kickoff – American Cancer Society event at Panhandle State Bank, Tuesday
• Spring is Sprung! Art Exhibit – Local artists featured at Art Works, starts Thursday
• Hope Preschool Bunco – Games and snacks at Memorial Community Center, Friday
• The Follies – Sold-out annual variety show at the Panida Theater, Friday-Saturday
• Rock the Runway Fashion Show – SHS hosts Distinguished Young Women, Saturday
• KPND Ski & Board Party – Specials and giveaways at Downtown Crossing, Saturday
• NRA Dinner and Auction – Annual benefit gala in the Bonner County Fairgrounds, Saturday
• Sandpoint Vegetarians Potluck – Plus presentation at Community Hall, Sunday
View ALL entertainment events»
• It's For the Birds – Presentation by birder Mike Turnland at First Presbyterian, Saturday
• Discover Aviation Open House – Tours, industry info at Quest Aircraft, Saturday
See ALL civic events this week»
Coming up: Penguin Plunge at City Beach, March 15; Taste of Home Cooking School at Bonner County Fairgrounds, March 15; Ivan Neville and Dumpstaphunk at The Hive, March 15.
New in the classifieds: Seattle Seahawks leather golf bag, $500 obo ... Country home on Jewel Lake, $650/mo. ... Small family practice seeks nurse. SandpointClassifieds.com
• The heavens: First quarter Moon Sat; Brilliant Jupiter forms a pair with the Moon below Sun, parading above Orion and at its highest between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• Rising and setting: Sunrise at 6:21 a.m., sets at 5:35 p.m. Daylight gained past 7 days: 24 minutes. Moon sets at 10:09 p.m. Daylight Saving Time starts at 2 a.m. Sun -- set your clocks ahead one hour.
• Avalanche Advisory: Hazard rating for Selkirk and Cabinet mountains is CONSIDERABLE on all aspects above 5,000 feet on slopes steeper than 35 degrees. Stay away from open slopes and windloaded slabs near ridgetops. Full report
• Weather forecast: Flood Watch in effect Tue-Fri. Rain Wed-Fri with highs in the 40s, mostly cloudy Sat.
• Schweitzer snow report: 106" on the summit, 80" in the village. 12" new snow past 48 hours. Rain/snow mix Wed-Thu with daytime highs in the mid-30s. Chance of snow Fri-Sat. See report
Find links to details at Real-Time Outdoors.
Bank here, be there ... or anywhere. Our hometown bank provides complete online banking convenience, whether you're on the road or at home. Check the home page of Panhandle State Bank. (sponsored)
What's new and neat online
Any would-be disaster volunteers out there? The Inland Northwest Chapter of the American Red Cross seeks Disaster Action Team volunteers in the Bonner County area. Details: RedCross.org/EWA»
Live your dreams, warmly. The late adventure photographer Patrick Orton left a legacy to "Live Your Dreams" through a scholarship fund started by his family. And now, a special beanie benefits the fund. Buy at the Live Your Dreams website - or get your beanies in town at Larson's or Zero Point Crystals.
Scotchman Peaks news. Check out the latest issue of Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness e-news (pdf), including a fascinating article by biologist Michael Lucid about a lynx collared in the West Cabinet Mountains.
The Week's Top News, Feb. 26-March 4:
• Winter storm wallops community
Warmer temps may bring flooding
• Legislators boost school spending
Includes teacher pay raise, bonuses
• Panida dismisses executive director
Board says Bonifas 'not a good fit'
• Council mulls idea of new roundabout
• Man killed in logging mishap
Initially proposed at Cedar and Boyer
Schwartz apparently hit by falling branch
• Avista's income up 42% in 2013
Weather, rate increases cited
Get stories from the Bonner County Daily Bee, River Journal, Spokesman Review and others at SandpointNews.com»