SHS - Spring 2017
View the next 5 day schedule»
Boys Baseball - Varsity - Junior Varsity
Girls Softball - Varsity - Junior Varsity
Boys/Girls Tennis - Varsity - Junior Varsity
Boys/Girls Golf - Varsity
Boys/Girls Track - Varsity
Pre- and Post-Baby Walking Group :: Through May 27
Leave winter behind and walk your way into summer fun with this Pre- and Post-Baby Walking Group, meeting from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m. at the parking lot across from Sand Creek Trail. Led by Renee Newby; free and open to the public. Meets every Saturday, April 15 through May 27. 208-263-9471
Child Safety Awareness Class :: April 19
Sandpoint Taekwondo, 218 Main St. in downtown Sandpoint across from US Bank and Farmin Park, holds a Free Child Safety Awareness Class from 4 p.m. until 5 p.m. This class is being offered to the community in conjunction with National Child Abuse Prevention Month in April. This class will teach basic safety skills in some of the harder areas: from bullies to child predators, we are tackling some tough subjects in a child-friendly manner. For more information and to register for this class, call 208-610-2577. SandpointKarate.com.
Annual Pie Run :: April 29
Hope's Memorial Community Center hosts the Annual Pie Run, starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 29. Cost is $5 and a pie! For more information, contact Mike Ehredt at 208-920-3410 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sandpoint Walking Groups :: May 1-26
Walk your way to better health by joining a Sandpoint Walking Group! Cost is $15/session; register at Sandpoint Parks and Recreation - 208-263-3613.
- April 10-28 PM session: Held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday on the Sand Creek Trail.
- May 1-26 AM session: Held from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in Travers Park
- May 1-25 PM session: Held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday on the Sand Creek Trail.
Sailing Workshop :: May 20
Free Sailing Workshops are back, courtesy of the Sandpoint Sailing Association and Sandpoint Parks and Recreation. Each workshop is held at Sandpoint Community Hall, 204 S. First Ave. Review the workshop dates and times below and choose the ones that are right for you. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 208-263-3613.
Racing Committee and Admin. - April 22 (Cancelled)
New Sailor Workshop - May 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For sailors of all skill levels.
Bay Trail Fun Run :: June 11
Registration is now open for the 4th annual Bay Trail Fun Run, which takes place Sunday, June 11 along the stunning shores of Lake Pend Oreille! Sign up for your choice of 5k or 10k distances on mostly flat, mostly waterfront courses. The Bay Trail Fun Run is both a competitive race, with awards for top finishers in each age group, and it's a family fun run or walk open to all.
- Register by May 26 to guarantee your commemorative racer T-shirt and water bottle and assorted cool freebies. Sponsorship opportunities are still available -- contact the Friends of Pend d'Oreille Bay Trail at 208-946-7586 to be a part of this wonderful community event and to support efforts to improve the trail and expand it into Ponderay with a passageway under the railroad.
Sandpoint Early Summer Basketball Camp :: June 12-16
Enjoy five days of fun with the great game of basketball during the Sandpoint Early Summer Basketball Camp, held June 12 through June 16 in the Bonner County Fairgrounds. Reserve your camper's spot now. $70 now through May 31; $80 on June 1 through the first day of camp! Learn more and register at HoopsKnowledge.com.
Yoga, Dancing, Fitness and Wellness
April 22 Earth Day Celebration. Enjoy an Earth Day Dance Odyssey - a Soul Motion™ Conscious Dance Practice with Brietta Leader. Held from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. in the Embody Center for the Healing Arts, 823 Main St. Cost is on a sliding scale: $10-$20. MoondancerMoves.com. Open to everyBody!
Downtown Yoga, 301 Cedar St., Ste. 106, behind Pend d'Oreille Winery, hosts the following yoga classes:
- Rebalancing Yoga. Every Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m., $14 drop-in or class pass. This all-levels class begins with core activation; the second half leads into yin stretches.
- Vinyasa Flow. Every Tuesday, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m., $14 drop-in or class pass. Movement-based while incorporating the power of breath to achieve mindfulness, strength and ease.
- Yin Yoga and the Chakras. Every Monday, starting April 24 - 4 p.m. to 5:10 p.m., $14 drop-in or class pass. In this class we will use Yin Yoga to liberate the chakras and create new promise in the energy body.
- Blue Zone Yoga Costa Rica Rejuvenation Retreat Informational Meetings
Saturday, April 29, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. @ Downtown Yoga
- Tibetan Singing Bowl Meditation. Beginning April 28 (Wednesdays and Fridays) from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. $12 suggested donation. As the resonance of the Tibetan Singing Bowls interact with you, your mind will gradually become quieter, your body tension will soften and you’ll achieve what you’re looking for: Peace. Calmness. Clarity. It’s as easy as that.
- Partner Yoga. Friday, May 12, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is $15. Bring your partner or friend, and come play with fun sequences, practice adjustments on each other, and get into poses that you might not be able to do on your own.
- Beginner A Series: Standing and Balancing Poses. 5-Week Series held May 13 - June 10 (Saturdays) from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Cost is $65. This is a perfect series to grow your practice, improve your health and foster a feeling of wellbeing. Instruction is clear and detailed encouraging you to build a strong foundation of knowledge and body awareness.
Hope Health Fitness Class. The Memorial Community Center, 415 Wellington Pl. in Hope, hosts Health Fitness Classes with Mike Ehredt every Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Please call Mike at 208-360-9647 for more information, or to sign up for the class. $5 per session.
Zumba classes. Zumba is a Latin-dance based fitness class that is fun and highly aerobic (but non-impact). Choose from two class days: Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., or Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Classes are held at the InBody Pilates Studio; 208-290-2600. 66210.zumba.com.
International Folk Dance for Seniors. Luther Park, 510 S. Olive St., hosts classes on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The public is invited to attend, and class fee is $5.
Mindful Yoga. Every Monday and Thursday from 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Gardenia Center, 400 Church St. Deep, mindful yoga weaving dharana and pranayama throughout the sadhana with Maria Alberg. 208-263-2084
Pranic Healing Clinic. The Gardenia Center hosts a free Pranic Healing Class upstairs in the library at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on the last Sunday of every month with one of the following practitioners: Teri McDonald, Mesha Edwards, Gloria Waterhouse or Kelly Navaro.
Yoga Class. Sandpoint Yoga Studio, 1309 Ponderosa Dr., Ste. 202, offers a free yoga class every month. Aimed to help melt away stress, all levels and ages are welcome. Donations go to a charitable lottery.
CHAFE 150 Registration
Registration for the 2017 CHAFE bike ride is now open! Over the past four years, CHAFE 150 has raised over $160,000 for children on the Autism Spectrum in the Lake Pend Oreille School District. This year's ride will be held June 17, 2017. Learn more at CHAFE150.org.
Laoshi Mark Duffner is a certified Tai Chi instructor and self-avowed Tai Chi geek. Duffner will be sharing his enthusiasm for the Tai Chi arts at the Black Bear Martial Arts Center, 114 N. Boyer. Drop-in classes are $10, and will be offered Mondays from noon to 1 p.m., and Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Classes will include instruction on basic Tai Chi and Qigong forms and principles. Advanced students will receive training to an increasing level of depth and complexity in accordance with their readiness and willingness to learn more. To register or for more information, contact Black Bear Martial Arts Center directly at 208-255-1111.
S.T.E.P. Training Centre
S.T.E.P. (Seeking To Encourage People) is a non-profit gymnastics and sports training center, offering gymnastics for all abilities and ages. S.T.E.P. Training Centre is the 2014 Xcel Program of the Year in Idaho, as well as a top 3 finisher at the 2014 Idaho State championships. S.T.E.P. has many classes, clinics, and camps throughout the year.
- Classes run Monday-Friday, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. (times vary by day)
- Fees begin at $40 per month (scholarship programs are available)
Program offerings include:
- Summer Camp
- Summer Clinics
- Competitive dance,tumbling training
- Preschool and introductory classes
- Circus arts classes
- Corporate/Event silk perfomances
- Aerial awareness
- Competitive team levels
- Open Gym
For more information, call 208-290-4513 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Located at 101 McGhee Rd.
Area Golf Courses
Elks Golf Club. This nine-hole course is closest to town, just outside the Sandpoint city limits off Highway 200 East. 208-263-4321. SandpointElks.com.
StoneRidge Golf. Located about 40 minutes southwest of Sandpoint off Highway 41 in Blanchard, StoneRidge has 19 holes on a scenic course with a par-72 layout. StoneRidge hosts a variety of specialty events; for a current schedule call 208-437-4653, or visit StoneRidgeIdaho.com.
Priest Lake Golf Course. Par-72, 6,500-yard course is located at 152 Fairway Dr. in Priest Lake amidst mountains, forests and wetlands on the west side of Priest Lake. Call 208-443-2525 or visit PriestLakeGolfCourse.com.
Youth Sports Jersey Recycling Program
Have your kids outgrown their red and white youth league jerseys? Put them to great use by donating laundered, gently used jerseys back to Sandpoint Parks and Recreation. Each year, Sandpoint's P&R gives out approximately $2,000 in scholarships to youth programs, generously donated by various organizations. That money covers jersey costs as well as program fees - unless we have previously used, donated jerseys we can offer those who can't afford to purchase them. Help keep more money in the scholarship fund for kids to access for recreation program fees by donating jerseys when your children finishes the youth leagues.
- Drop off your jerseys from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at Sandpoint P&R, 1123 Lake St. in City Hall. Questions? Call 208-263-3613. Thanks!