8-29 Independence Racing Team Junior Starlight Series. Schweitzer Mountain Resort hosts Friday night races in January on NASTAR. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
16 Northern Lights at Schweitzer. Fireworks light up the evening over Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Weekend. Festivities start at 6 p.m. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
Banff Mountain Film Festival - Virtual Edition. For 2021, Banff Mountain Film Festival's primary intent is to keep patrons safe. This year's films, which are new and current for 2021, are offered online this year -- and there are two individual programs available of 8 to 9 films each. Films are only available through an internet connection, and cannot be downloaded. Get your tickets online. 208-661-3857
12-15 Presidents' Weekend Celebration. Schweitzer Mountain Resort hosts special activities featuring Laser Light Show on Sunday with night skiing. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
* Starlight Racing. Schweitzer Mountain Resort hosts four weeks of evening racing on Friday nights, followed by fun and fabulous parties in Taps. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
6 Mega Alpine and Snowboard Demo Day. Schweitzer Resort hosts region's largest demo day event featuring new gear from more than 13 manufacturers. All proceeds benefit Panhandle Alliance Education as part of Public Education Week. Prize drawings, samples and more! Ticket info at Schweitzer.com.
* 2,400 Feet of Schweitzer. Schweitzer Mountain Resort hosts world's longest GS race to benefit the Cystinosis Research Foundation. 24HoursforHank.org.
* Schpring Finale. Celebrate the end of another great season at Schweitzer Mountain Resort featuring the Big LeBREWski and Rotary Ducky Derby. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
* K&K Spring Fishing Derby. Lake Pend Oreille Idaho Club holds 49th annual spring fishing contest; live auction held April 26. LPOIC.org.
* Lost in the '50s.
* Sandpoint Farmers Market. Shop for fresh produce and artisan goods; market is held Saturday mornings in the city parking lot across from Joel's. SandpointFarmersMarket.com.
1-2 Silverwood Opening Day. Silverwood Theme Park opens its gates for the 2021 season. To celebrate, everyone will receive a special $19.88 ticket price to commemorate the opening season. Come out and ride our world-class coasters and enjoy making family memories! SilverwoodThemePark.com.
8-9 Mother's Day Weekend at Silverwood. Celebrate Mother's Day at Silverwood Theme Park. When a family brings mom to the park and purchases their ticket online or at the front gate, mom gets in free! Plus everyone receives a special pricing of $42 for general admission; $25 youth/senior admission (save even more online). SilverwoodThemePark.com.
15-16 Kids' Weekend at Silverwood. Celebrate Kids' Weekend at Silverwood Theme Park. For every general admission ticket purchased, one youth (ages 3-7) will receive a free ticket. Plus everyone receives a special pricing of only $42 general admission, $25 youth/senior admission (save even more online). SilverwoodThemePark.com.
29-31 American Heroes' Weekend at Silverwood. All military personnel, veterans, police officers, firefighters, and EMS receive free admission to Silverwood Theme Park during American Heroes' Weekend. Plus, immediate family members (spouse and children) also receive a special discounted rate when purchasing tickets at Silverwood's front gate! This is also the opening weekend for Boulder Beach Water Park, so come on out for the unofficial early start to summer in the Northwest! 208-683-3400 or visit SilverwoodThemePark.com.
18 ArtWalk Opening Receptions. Pend Oreille Arts Council presents the 44th annual ArtWalk, with opening receptions from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at local galleries and retail locations throughout downtown Sandpoint. ArtWalk gives artist members and other local artists a chance to exhibit their work, and all ages are encouraged to explore this free citywide event! Maps of the walking tour will be available throughout downtown and online at ArtinSandpoint.org. ArtWalk displays continue through Sept. 6.
19-20 Father's Day Weekend at Silverwood. Celebrate Father's Day at Silverwood Theme Park. When a family brings dad to the park and purchases their tickets online or at the front gate, dad gets in free! SilverwoodThemePark.com.
* 7B Sunday at Schweitzer.
* Summer Sampler.
* Race the Wolf.
4 Fourth of July Celebration. Sandpoint Lions host downtown parades in the morning, festivities at City Beach in the afternoon, and a fireworks display over Lake Pend Oreille at dusk.
13, 20 Toyota Tuesday at Silverwood. The driver of any Toyota gets in free at Silverwood Theme Park when they bring an admission coupon from any Inland Empire regional Toyota dealer. Coupon must be validated on arrival at Silverwood by a parking attendant. SilverwoodThemePark.com.
29-Aug. 8 Festival at Sandpoint. Join the Festival at Sandpoint for eight nights of eclectic music under the stars on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille. Since 1983, the nonprofit Festival at Sandpoint has hosted its internationally renowned summer concert series in a laid-back and intimate atmosphere at Memorial Field. FestivalatSandpoint.com.
* Jacey's Race. Competitive 5k race for runners and walkers, and 1k fun run for kids benefits local children with cancer or life-threatening illnesses. Jaceys-Race.com.
* Crazy Days. Downtown merchants offer big deals in annual sidewalk sale, sponsored by the Sandpoint Shopping District.
* Sandpoint Antique and Classic Boat Show
* Northwest WineFest
6-7 Bonner County Rodeo The fifth annual PRCA/WPRA rodeo is held in the Bonner County Fairgrounds, 4203 N. Boyer Rd. PRCA is the highest-paying American rodeo organization in the world, and sanctions rodeos in 37 U.S. states and three Canadian provinces. Its championship event is the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. In conjunction with the PRCA event, there will also be women's barrel racing sanctioned by WPRA (Women's Professional Rodeo Association). SandpointBonnerCountyRodeo.com.
7 Long Bridge Swim. Held every year on the first Saturday in August, the Long Bridge Swim attracts a wide range of swimmers - including children as young as 7 and a number of swimmers in their 80s! LongBridgeSwim.org.
14-15 Arts and Crafts Fair. Pend Oreille Arts Council's Annual Arts and Crafts Fair takes place over two days in downtown Sandpoint, featuring artist booths, food vendors, and a youth art arena. Artwork exhibited includes sculpture, ceramics, metal, fiber, photography, paintings, mixed media, wood, crafts, and more. All proceeds go directly to support POAC's programs in visual and performing arts and art education for the benefit of our community. Free admission; hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 14, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 15. ArtinSandpoint.org.
18-21 Bonner County Fair. Old-fashioned country event at the Bonner County Fairgrounds, featuring the Challenge of Champions bull riding on Friday, and the Demolition Derby on Saturday night to round out the fun. BonnerCountyFair.com. 208-263-8414
* Wings Over Sandpoint Fly-in. Regional pilots fly into Sandpoint Airport during the 16th Annual Wings Over Sandpoint Fly-in featuring a breakfast and aircraft display. Gates open at 8 a.m.; breakfast is from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and planes are displayed from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Sandpoint EAA Chapter 1441. 208-255-9954
* Arts & Crafts Fair. POAC's 49th annual juried arts and crafts exhibit in downtown Sandpoint, with artists' booths, kids' activities, food and more. ArtinSandpoint.org. 208-263-6139
* Schweitzer Huckleberry Color Fun Run. Join the crazy, colorful fun at Schweitzer Mountain Resort -- a perfect outing for the entire family! Schweitzer.com. 208-263-9555
* Artists' Studio Tour. Annual self-guided driving tour of working studios through North Idaho. ArtTourDrive.org. 800-800-2106
* Beerfest. Sample local and regional brews and enjoy a festive beach party from noon to 5 p.m., sponsored by the Sandpoint Chamber. SandpointChamber.com. 208-263-2161
* Shakespeare in Sandpoint
* Bay Trail Fun Run
* Spokane to Sandpoint Relay
4-5 Coaster Classic Car Show. Classic cars from across the Northwest converge on Silverwood Theme Park during Labor Day Weekend. The 19th Annual Coaster Classic Car Show is one of the biggest events of its kind in the Inland Northwest. If you like cars that go fast, look good, or just remind you of the good ol' days, you've gotta be there! Participant discounts and more - 208-683-3400 or go to SilverwoodThemePark.com for details.
11 CHAFE 150. Sandpoint Rotary hosts the annual 150-mile CHAFE bike ride through Montana and Idaho, along with an 80-mile option and Family Fun Ride. Proceeds benefit the Lake Pend Oreille School District's Literacy Initiative and after-school reading programs. CHAFE150.org.
11-12 Grandparents' Weekend at Silverwood. What better way to celebrate Grandparents' Day than at Silverwood Theme Park! Silverwood shows their appreciation for grandmas and grandpas by admitting them to the park for free when accompanied by a grandchild. For each grandchild that purchases a ticket, they will be given one free ticket for grandpa or grandma. SilverwoodThemePark.com.
11-26 Community Appreciation Weekends at Silverwood. Save money and help local food banks! For each general admission ticket sold at Silverwood Theme Park, $4 will be donated to local food banks; for each youth/senior ticket sold, $1 is donated. Admission is $42 (ages 8-64) and $25 (ages 3-7 and 65+) at the front gate (save more by purchasing online). SilverwoodThemePark.com.
13-18 WaCanId Ride. Annual Rotarian supported bicycle tour takes cyclists on paved roads encircling the Selkirk Mountains of Washington, Canada and Idaho - hence the name WaCanId. The six-day event covers 370 miles/595 kilometers and showcases the International Selkirk Loop's spectacular scenery. WaCanId.org.
19 Scenic Half. Presented by the Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce, the Scenic Half hosts two events - a 13.1-mile Half Marathon and a 10K. With a route across Sandpoint's iconic Long Bridge, the event attracts hundreds of runners from all across the country. Each independent race awards age-category winners, and Half Marathon competitors who complete the race receive a finisher’s medal. ScenicHalf.com.
* Ponderay Neighbor Day. Enjoy a family-friendly community carnival - Ponderay Neighbor Day - that is fun for all ages, held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Harbison Field (behind the Hoot Owl restaurant) in Ponderay. Free activities include kids crafts, pony rides, petting zoo, inflatables, carnival games, tastings, demonstrations, and live music. There will also be food and retail vendors on site. Free and open to everyone! Sponsored by the City of Ponderay. For more information, call 208-265-5468.
* Head of the Pend Oreille Regatta. The Pend Oreille Rowing and Paddling Association hosts the 10th annual regatta when rowing clubs from the Northwest and Canada gather at The Mudhole in Priest River to compete in a 1.7K headrace and a 1K stake race. A great event for racers and spectators alike! PORPA.org.
* Scenic Half. Presented by the Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce, this 12th annual event features a half marathon and a 10k fun run. ScenicHalf.com. 208-263-2161
* Schweitzer Fall Fest
Sept. 30-Oct. 30 Scarywood. Scarywood is back in October, on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, Sept. 30-Oct. 30! Get ready for a month of screams as the theme park you thought you knew just became the nightmare you'll never forget. As seen on Travel Channel's "Halloween's Scariest Thrills," Scarywood is full of haunted attractions and roaming monsters. Experience five haunted attractions, seven scare zones, and most of Silverwood's signature rides in the dark. Try to survive the night because you'll be lucky to make it out alive. SilverwoodThemePark.com.
* Harvest Fest. Sandpoint Farmers Market closes out the season with entertainment, food booths, activities, displays at Farmin Park. SandpointFarmersMarket.com. 208-597-3355
* The Follies. Angels Over Sandpoint's annual wild 'n' wacky fundraiser at the Panida moves to autumn this year, with proceeds benefitting the charity's good deeds in the community. AngelsOverSandpoint.org.
* K&K Thanksgiving Fishing Derby. Lake Pend Oreille Idaho Club's annual fall fishing contest. LPOIC.org.
* Tree Lighting and Santa's Arrival Tree lighting ceremony at Jeff Jones Town Square and visit from Santa opens the holiday season in Sandpoint. DowntownSandpoint.com. 208-255-1876
23-24 Santa's Traditional Schweitzer Visit. Santa hits the slopes and then stops off at the Selkirk Lodge on Christmas Eve. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
31 New Year's Eve. Schweitzer hosts festive parties to usher in the new year at Taps and other locations at the resort. Schweitzer.com. 208-255-3081
* Date/details pending